Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Velvia Super-8 -- Get it while you can!

  1. #1
    chas_ucla
    Guest chas_ucla's Avatar

    Post

    Pro8mm. Barry (Black Angus) approached them about cutting it down and processing it all in one batch. The people who buy it have to send it back to Barry within a certain date that we all agree upon and then Pro8mm will process the batch. For around $35.00 film and processing per cart it's not too bad a deal.

    ------------------

  2. #2
    chas_ucla
    Guest chas_ucla's Avatar

    Post

    Guys,
    I mentioned this on someone elses' thread and no one seemed a bit interested -- for a limited time -- perhaps the only time ever -- you have the chance to shoot VELVIA film cut into Super-8 carts! Black Angus from Andreas' forum has set this up. He has two carts left for some lucky bastard. I'm already in for one and would buy the other two but am short on cash. Anyway, check out his post here: http://8mm.filmshooting.com/scripts/...al/index.phtml

    ------------------

  3. #3
    MovieStuff
    Guest MovieStuff's Avatar

    Post

    Who's going to process it?

    Roger

    ------------------
    Roger Evans
    MovieStuff
    http://www.afterimagephoto.tv/moviestuff.html

  4. #4
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    I suspect the lack of excitement is because it's so expensive, AND especially, because it's a Super 8 Sound thing.
    Those guys have burned lots of bridges in the past, so even if they come out with the most amazing thing since sex, they have already toasted about 1/2 of their prospective customer base.
    I will never, under any circuimstances use their services again.
    Too bad Fuji isn't making these, because I'd try that.

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

  5. #5
    chas_ucla
    Guest chas_ucla's Avatar

    Post

    << I suspect the lack of excitement is because it's so expensive, AND especially, because it's a Super 8 Sound thing.>>

    I guess...but, jesus, how often does the chance come up to shoot a different stock - let alone a reversal? Like...NEVER.

    ------------------

  6. #6
    devilkelly
    Guest devilkelly's Avatar

    Post

    how much, for how many rolls?
    one?
    how can i get it? its a great film, i;m interesred.


    ------------------

  7. #7
    Scott Spears
    Guest Scott Spears's Avatar

    Post

    <<For around $35.00 film and processing per
    cart it's not too bad a deal.>>

    I don't like to rain on anybody's parade, but
    for the same price, I could get 2 rolls of K-40 and processing. At those rates I could get 16mm short ends. I think it's a neat idea and if you want to do, I say go for it, but at those prices I'd pass.

    Scott

    ------------------

  8. #8
    mattias
    Guest mattias's Avatar

    Post

    well, neither k40, nor your short ends will be the same stock. it's either 35mm or this, *if* you want to shoot velvia, which is the point. nobody is paying lots of money for a test cartridge just becasue it's cheap, right? ;-)

    /matt

  9. #9
    Supa-eight
    Guest Supa-eight's Avatar

    Post

    I don't know too much about Pro 8mm and have never gave them business. I agree they are not really the popular place for indy filmmakers. They seem more like Holywood's little side Super 8 department or something. However, since the 8mm community is so small I think we should try to work with one of the only companies out there than can offer such a service as cutting down 35mm to Super 8mm. Perhaps if we showed enough interest in these little side orders such as the Velvia, they might consider a decent nitch of new business and perhaps even start doing this on a regular business and MAYBE even lower the prices.

    We are like the film puppies of filmmaking and we can't bite the few hands that feed us.

    My 2 cents


    ------------------

  10. #10
    Supa-eight
    Guest Supa-eight's Avatar

    Post

    I don't know too much about Pro 8mm and have never gave them business. I agree they are not really the popular place for indy filmmakers. They seem more like Holywood's little side Super 8 department or something for whenever mainstream wants to get that "gritty look". However, since the 8mm community is so small I think we should try to work with one of the only companies out there than can offer such a service as cutting down 35mm to Super 8mm. Perhaps if we showed enough interest in these little side orders such as the Velvia, they might consider a decent nitch of new business and perhaps even start doing this on a regular basis and MAYBE even lower the prices.

    We are like the film puppies of filmmaking and we can't bite the few hands that feed us.

    My 2 cents


    ------------------

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •